Yesterday marked spring equinox, which means it is officially spring time! The best thing about season change is new seasonal foods! Remember, shopping for seasonal foods not only saves you a little money, but it also helps you get a variety of micronutrients.
Here is a list of seasonal foods!
- Baby Artichokes 0g Fat/ 12g Carbs 6g Fiber/ 4g Protein
- Asparagus 0g Fat/ 4g Carbs 2g Fiber/ 2g Protein
- Carrots 0g Fat/ 36g Carbs 2.8g Fiber/ 1g Protein
- Fava beans 1.5g Fat/ 58g Carbs 25g Fiber/ 26g Protein
- Peas 0.4g Fat/ 14g Carbs 5g Fiber/ 5.4g Protein
- Potatoes 0.4g Fat/ 14g Carbs 5g Fiber/ 2.3g Protein (Fingerling)
- Beets 0.2g Fat/ 9.6g Carbs 5g Fiber/ 1.6g Protein
- Turnips 0.1g Fat/ 6.4g Carbs 1.8g Fiber/ 0.9g Protein
- Tender lettuce: Bibb lettuce, butter lettuce, mache, and watercress
- Apricots 0.4 Fat/ 11.2g Carbs 2g Fiber/ 1.4g Protein
- Mango 0.3 Fat/ 17g Carbs 1.8g Fiber/ 0.5g Protein
- Honeydew 0.1 Fat/ 9.1 Carbs 0.8g Fiber/ 0.5g Protein
- Oranges 0.1 Fat/ 11.7g Carbs 2.4g Fiber/ 0.9g Protein
- Rhubarb 0.2 Fat/ 4.5g Carbs 1.8g Fiber/ 0.9g Protein
Herbs and Spices
And don’t forget if you suffer from seasonal allergies pick up some local honey!
*macro based per 100g, raw
2018 03 21